PDA

View Full Version : Spoonbill Whoosh!

Arlene Spagna
01-25-2008, 07:41 PM
This is an evening capture, 6:45 pm, of spoonbills flying over the ponds at Viera Wetlands, FL. last June.
Nikon D200, 70-200 2.8, Focal Length, 120mm.
ISO 250, 1/20 sec @F/4.8

This image is cropped and color enhanced.
Comments appreciated.

Alfred Forns
01-25-2008, 11:28 PM
I like it Ariene Selected ss speed works great Also like the staration Wilsh for less overlap and birds flying more into you Great idea to go soft in these circumstances Excellent !!!!

Arthur Morris
01-26-2008, 07:56 AM
I like the Miami Dolphins color scheme but agree with Al about the merges. Watch the flock as it fluxes (warning: do not try to say that fast 3X). Try to make the images when all the birds are clear of each other (and when a nice compostional balance is achieved).

later and love, artie

David Steele
01-26-2008, 08:37 AM
A very unusual and effective image Arlene.

Jim Poor
01-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Really nice blur effect for me. I would like to see them turned a little more toward the camera, but minus a remote control unit . . . ;)

I like the Miami Dolphins color scheme but agree with Al about the merges. Watch the flock as it fluxes (warning: do not try to say that fast 3X). Try to make the images when all the birds are clear of each other (and when a nice compostional balance is achieved).

later and love, artie

How do you time that? In my case, I would notice the separation, think "oh there it is" and then press the release just as the separation disappears :( Would you advocate a burst in this instance to try to catch all the wings in the right position to keep the birds separate?

Thanks
Jim

Fabs Forns
01-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Very painterly and colorful, Arlene, late welcome to Out of the Box, we were out of town with limited time :(

Nits mentioned, but still very pretty.