PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone on my mind.

Fabs Forns
03-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Still have a lot of stuff from that trip that have not been processed. Very productive journey :)
Frame from OnOne plugin.

Date: 12/16/08
Time: 2:52:28 AM
Model: NIKON D300
Firmware: Adobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Frame #: 0011
Lens (mm): 10.5 fisheye
ISO: 400
Aperture: 22
Shutter: 1/160
no tripod

David Thomasson
03-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Beautiful in a variety of respects. Looks almost painted. I love the composition.

Have to ask: Did you bend the trees in PS? Did you add any subtle painterly effects? Did you add the flare? (If you did any of these things, you get extra points from me! ;)) The border works great with this image.

Fabs Forns
03-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Beautiful in a variety of respects. Looks almost painted. I love the composition.

Have to ask: Did you bend the trees in PS? Did you add any subtle painterly effects? Did you add the flare? (If you did any of these things, you get extra points from me! ;)) The border works great with this image.

Sorry to disappoint :) (Now you are putting ideas in my crazy mind ;))

It's a fish eye lens for the bent tree and the lens flare is due to back light and the start to f/22.
No painterly effect, Mother nature at its best.

Very much appreciated coming from you :)

Paul Marcellini
03-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Great scene Fabs. I like the comp and that sunstar sure is nice here. Just an idea, I might select some of the highlights on the tees, etc and warm them a touch more. Might add a little more to it. I like the frame and otherwise nothing to change. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi Fabs,
I might have to play around with one of those fisheye lenses one day.....normally I don't like the effect that much but after seeing Michael's Mesa Arch....and now yours.....I have to re-think this. The curved aspect of the fisheye works extremely well here compositionally bringing us back into the frame and enveloping the center evergreen. The flare is the icing on the cake! I too like the border a lot as for me it is very harmonious to the image.....but suspect some may not. Very nicely done!

Fabs Forns
03-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Thank you guys, Paul, I will try that for sure :)

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Very nice Fabs like the sunburst the two trees as they frame the image nicely.