PDA

View Full Version : Following in Judy's footsteps...

Matt Lerer
03-01-2009, 02:55 PM
We had a great time photographing this tri-color and he was in a difficult spot to shoot because most of the time the background was dark reflection. Judy and I looked like a couple of kids hurrying back and forth on the boardwalk as the tri-color danced and fed on both sides of an island. When he moved so did we in order to get the right light and reflection. Even though I didn't get any good dancing shots like Judy did I was able to get some flight shots earlier in the morning. Here's a wing dip shot that I like and a question along with it. The dark spot on the inside of the wing...leave it or remove it?
http://photos.imageevent.com/ghireptiles/nature/Wing%20Dip%20BPN.jpg

Mark II
400mm f4 DO
1/4000th
f4.0
ISO 400
-2/3

Randy Stout
03-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Matt:

Very nice bird. I would clone out the dark mark. Nice colors, sharpness and angle of bird in frame. I always find the wing touching the water a nice plus. It is fun some times to have the chance to really work a bird.

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Quite stunning. The water and REFL are killer. Way lose the dark spot and don't forget to lose it in the REFL too. The eye could use some digital eye doctor work....

bill kominsky
03-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Agree with only the very positive remarks here Matt and think the image as shown is wonderful, congrats.

Matt Lerer
03-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the comments!!! Here's the re-post with the wing fix. Hey Arthur...I googled your digital eye doctor and it looks cool!
http://photos.imageevent.com/ghireptiles/nature/New%20Wing%20Dip%20BPN.jpg

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Wow I love this one Matt. Excellent flight position and wonderful reflection and detail. A superb eye too. Love it. We sure did have fun :D:D

Matt was the hero of the morning as he climbed over the railing at Wakodahatchee to rescue a fallen MaCaw parrot that had fallen over by accident into the water below. I must say he made the owner very happy man !!! Great job Matt.

Arthur Morris
03-01-2009, 07:36 PM
It is cool. Here you would selectively darken the pupil a bit and lighten and de-SAT the iris. Using QMs is best.

Good job on the repost.

arash_hazeghi
03-01-2009, 07:37 PM
stunning, congrats

Matt Lerer
03-01-2009, 07:54 PM
It is cool. Here you would selectively darken the pupil a bit and lighten and de-SAT the iris. Using QMs is best.

Good job on the repost.
I will give it a try for sure...and thanks!

Hey Judy...it was pretty intense there for a few moments with the macaw wasn't it. Luckily we both came out of it a bit water logged and that's it. Hopefully the macaw won't be on the boardwalk again but if I had to guess it probably will be. Thanks for the comment and maybe see you in the morning. I will be the one in the snowmobile suit :eek:

Ramon M. Casares
03-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Nothing but WOW! I am speachless, great pose, great detail, grat water, great light, grat reflextion and of course.. that wing tip touching th water is priceless! COngratulatinos, simply terific shot!

Alfred Forns
03-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Big Congrats on the rescue Matt !!! ... I think your right and the bird will be back !!! ... oh gorgeous image !!!

Raymond Barlow
03-01-2009, 10:20 PM
excellent shot Matt., the repost is very well done.

stuart wanuck
03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
great image judy revealed the parrot story.understand you lve in west palm area.so do i would like to meet up with you can call stuart 561-685-2613 regards