PDA

View Full Version : White-Tailed Eagle

Joerg Rockenberger
03-01-2009, 02:35 PM
This image was taken at the Akan International Crane Center in Hokkaido, JP, during a workshop led by Martin Bailey (www.mbpworkshops.com (http://www.mbpworkshops.com)) in February. The Center is focused on the study and preservation of the Japanese Cranes (aka Red-Crowned Cranes) and provides a feeding ground in the winter which is pretty well setup for photographers.

Upon feeding numerous Eagles also descent... This White-Tailed Eagle had just eaten a fish. Hence, the bloody beak.

Thanks for looking. JR

Canon 40D, 500F4IS, 1/2000s, F5, ISO-100, Manual Exposure, Gitzo GT3541XLS, Mongoose 3.5a

Randy Stout
03-01-2009, 02:49 PM
John:

A very good looking bird, well exposed with nice details in the darker areas. Lovely soft light.

Nice angle of bird in frame.

Thanks for sharing!

Randy

Arthur Morris
03-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Like the wing position and the sharpness. EXP EXC. Could use a good crop from below.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Exposure control and details look great. Another vote for a tighter crop.

Joerg Rockenberger
03-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the comments. I was a bit surprised about the suggestion to crop tighter as I wanted to leave space for the Eagle to fly into. But hey, what do I know and given that I like tight crops here it is. :D

Hope you, Artie & Alex, see it again and let me know if that reflects your vision.

Thanks. JR