PDA

View Full Version : Red Necked Spur Fowl

John Lowin
03-01-2009, 01:15 PM
This image is from the Upper Masi Mara on another gloomy, overcast day. This is the one and only Red-Necked Spur Fowl that we saw on all our safaris so I grabbed the image while I had the opportunity. I know that you will all want to see more space around the bird, but that was not my primary photographic thrust at the time. This is virtually a full frame image. Hope you like it anyway. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. Thanks for looking. - John

f/8 1/80 ISO 640 @ 700mm
Canon 1D Mk II
Canon EF 500mm 1:4 L IS USM
Canon Extender 1.4X II
Kenisis Safari Sack (Bean Bag)

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi John , Neat looking bird and good pose . I find the crop bit tight for me and the image a tad soft around the head area. Really a very lovely BG in this capture. Many thanks for sharing John and I have really been enjoying your wonderful images from Kenya. Keep them coming !!!!!

Axel Hildebrandt
03-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Great to see another unfamiliar species. I like the angle, soft light and BG. I would give it more room top and right and maybe raise the color temperature. There are some artifacts above the bird's head.

Grady Weed
03-01-2009, 03:55 PM
I saw where you are from and could not think of what this bird is. Then I read "safari" and "Masi Mari". That clenched it for me. From Africa! Wish I could go there. Judy hit the highlights for me. Nice details however. And please keep posting your work.