PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise

José Rodríguez
03-01-2009, 12:37 PM
This one belongs to the "dark age", this is about a year ago, when I shoted jpg, and satturated colors nonsensely.
Taken with a tripod in Maspalomas (Gran Canaria), sigma 10-20

<table id="Inbox" width="100%" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Cámara:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">Nikon D40 (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/nikon/d40/)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Exposición:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">0,333 sec (1/3)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Aperture:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">f/4</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Lente:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">10 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Velocidad ISO:</td> <td>400</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tendencia de exposición:</td> <td>-1/3 EV</td></tr></tbody></table>

Fabs Forns
03-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Man, I've been to Maspalomas in the early 70s, only one hotel then :)
I like your composition despite the centered horizon, because the golden wet sand provodes balance. I find the saturation too much for my taste.

José Rodríguez
03-02-2009, 04:06 AM
Hi Fabs. I´m amazed you were in Maspalomas. Now it's a very touristic point, but in the 70's it was birders heaven with the little lake and all the migratory avians.
I completly agree about saturation. It´s amazing how my tastes have changed. I haven't changed the first process I did because I want to have an historic track of my pics so I can "see" my own evolution....

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi Jose,
I kind of like the saturation....but then again I'm still withdrawing from my love of VS film. I like the image compositionally except in this instance the moon.....as the super WA make it into a distraction and not all that interesting. I looked at this with a crop of 1/2 the blue sky.....and feel I prefer that.....we'll see what others chime in. All in all....nicely composed.

Paul Marcellini
03-02-2009, 09:14 AM
That is a good idea on tracking your processing. Now you should go rework it and see what you come up with. I like the scene but may crop down half the sky despite having the moon.

Roman just beat me to the crop. =)

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Jose,

Agree that cropping from top is a good idea and the moon is not adding anything. I like the placement of the person at the edge of the surf right new the small s-curve. Saturation seems to work here IMO.