PDA

View Full Version : A Solitary Prayer

John Lowin
03-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Image created in Ettal, Bavaria, Germany. This was a challenge for me. First, waiting for visitors to depart the main aisle, then the low light of another stormy day and lastly no tripod allowed. I waited until a single priest remained in the chapel and then hoped that I could get any image at the elevated ISO I was attempting. As it turned out the image is pretty noisy. I have run Noiseware and it helped some, but certainly not what I would have desired in an originally tripoded image at a lower ISO. I hope you still like my image. The chapel is spectacular. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. Thanks for looking. - John

f/5.6 1/250 ISO 800 @12mm
Canon 1D Mk II
Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG IF HSM

Gus Cobos
03-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi John,
I'm not concerned about the techs. in this forum, unless the image has serious issues...this Travel and Cityscapes forum is a place for our brothers and sisters to share their wonderful experiences with the rest. who perhaps have not been to these beautiful places...:) Now...I love this image...the wide angle perspective is superb...well done Sir...thanks for sharing...one of these days, I have to make it to "The Father Land"...:):cool:

John Lowin
03-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks Gus! - John

Harold Davis
03-01-2009, 02:28 PM
WOW WOW WOW!!! that is a beautiful place. nice job, john.

Alfred Forns
03-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi John

Tech wise you can shoot at 1/25 (or less) and make a sharp image !!! Remember you are using a wide angle lens !!

I like the perspective and framing very much Impressive image !!! .. would be nice taking a tripod in there and dong HDRs!!!