PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Pardalote

Simon Bennett
02-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Spotted Pardalote, a tiny foliage-gleaner, photographed in eucalypt woodland near Canberra.

Canon 400D, EF500 f/4 + 1.4tc, tripod, ISO400, 1/500, f/8, ec -2/3, cropped on right to remove twig and a couple of oof twigs disguised.

Fabs Forns
02-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Impressive bird, good head angle and exposure, a little tight at bottom. I think you have a dust bunnie on the upper right corner and the background could use some noise reduction.
Thanks for sharing this one, never seen it!

Steve Canuel
03-01-2009, 02:04 AM
A beautiful little bird. Nice detail and color. I like the angle created by the legs and the body position. Makes for a nice pose to my eye.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-01-2009, 08:32 AM
What a beautiful little bird. I like the pose, details and soft light. I would be tempted to clone out the remaining branches in the BG and maybe give it more room at the bottom.

Arthur Morris
03-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Lovey little bird. Great Pose. Sharpest focus looks to be on the near wing; which sensor was active> I bit of selective sharpening and then lightening of the face would make a very good image even stronger. I am with Axel on losing the BKGR branches.

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Hi Simon.

Beautiful image of a very striking species. Love the excellent detail and pose and I agree with the above comments and removing the OOF branches . A tad more canvas at the bottom would strengthen this image. Congratulations and many thanks for sharing.

Leo Berzins
03-02-2009, 05:45 AM
Amazing detail on such a tiny bird. Great pose and head angle, yet the hind toes are facing us. Also a suitably delicate perch with complementary tone and texture.