PDA

View Full Version : Chatham Island Mollymawk

Peregrine Craig Nash
02-28-2009, 08:20 PM
This is one of the two critically endangered Albatrosses of the world on the IUCN Red List. 1d2n ef70-200F4

Axel Hildebrandt
02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Great-looking bird, cool perspective and details. I only wish for a lower angle and might try to get more details in the shadows. Fill flash would have helped here. Seeing your images makes me really want to go there.

Fabs Forns
02-28-2009, 08:36 PM
You cleaned up on our trip, great. Agree with Axel's critique. You can select the dark part of the face with whatever selection tool you feel comfortable with and run a curves adjustment to lift the shadows. Place the cursor (dropper) in the dark aprt and move it and this will signal the palce in the curve where that tonality is. Make an anchor point and move the arrow up until it looks natural.

Simon Bennett
03-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Another interesting perspective.

beykirch
03-01-2009, 05:00 AM
An excellent portrait with perfect colors and detail. I suggest to lighten it a bit. A fill flash might be an option, but I won't suggest it here due to the close distance to the bird.

Regards

Bernd

Arthur Morris
03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Great bird. Good image. Sharp with a good EXP. Getting a lot lower if possible (not likely) would have placed the bird's head against the blue water without the body BKGR. I would lose the specular highlights (???) to our left of the bird's neck. Lighteninmg only the darker eye might be an interestig option.