PDA

View Full Version : Bark textures

massimomossi
02-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Here is another image in the bark series. Hope you like it.

Olympus SP-570UZ, Macro setting, 9.77mm, ISO 64, f3.5, 1/100sec. Minimal cropping, saturation and contrast adjustments in PSE7.

Comments welcome, as always!

Thank you for looking,
Massimo

Mike Moats
03-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Hey Massimo, This has some really nice textures and patterns working here. Good details. I would explore in a for some closer shots, you can see a lot of cool patterns and textures everywhere in this trunk.

Julie Kenward
03-01-2009, 08:57 AM
I agree with Mike. As is there's nothing extremely interesting to pull the viewer's attention into the image but a bit closer in and you may have some amazing details to hit them with.

It does look like you got all the technicals right - nice capture and good lighting.

Fabs Forns
03-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Well seen, placing the knot more to the left of the image may make it stronger.

Ed Vatza
03-01-2009, 08:47 PM
I think you're on to something here Massimo. And I like where you are headed. The textures and color makes for an interesting and appealing composition. It gotten me to start looking at tree bark a little differently! ;)

massimomossi
03-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Thank you all for your comments--I have been playing around with this image (and others in the group) and will post other versions later. You are right: there are lots of possibilities here.

Glad to have drawn your attention to something we take for granted!

As ever,
Massimo