PDA

View Full Version : "The Basket Weaver"

Gus Cobos
02-28-2009, 01:57 PM
This is Rolando Cortez. Rolando is one of the many artisans that make a living using their hands to create works of art. Mr. Cortez lives in the town of Taxco, Mexico...he is third generation basket man...he learned to weave basket and hats, at the early age of six, from his father and grandfather...

Craig Markham
02-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Another lovely image from you, Gus. His intense concentration on his work is so palpable -- his gaze, the drawn up shoulders.... The end of the basket almost merges with the texture of the wall in the BG, but overall you have a wonderful combination of subdued colors and textures. I almost thought I recognized those steps and weathered doorway, but that was in Tapachula a long time ago.

Alfred Forns
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
These images are all about feel and its well captured !!! I like the intensity !!

Chris Hansen
02-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Gus,
I love the composition and the textures of the image. It's nice how he really stands out from the almost pastel background. Knowing that he is a third generation basket maker makes it even nicer.

God bless,

Chris

denise ippolito
03-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Gus, I love this one! The basket and the weaver both hold my interest well,may evict the lavender bag at bottom. A very real feeling image-well done!

Harold Davis
03-01-2009, 02:33 PM
you are definitely the street photographer!!! love it. a moment captured!!

Bill Jobes
03-03-2009, 06:39 AM
This image has so much character, Gus. People at work are among my very favorite image subjects, and this one makes a wonderful statement.