PDA

View Full Version : Osprey's again

Amanda Reed
01-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Rosl, George and Judd were nice enough to give me feedback on my Osprey post the other day... here are the same birds but a different shot. I think the focus is a bit better at least on the bird on the left. Comments?

Alfred Forns
01-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Amanda The focus is on the left bird and it is sharp You got the second bird in almost perfect head position I'm sure you can select the area and lighten

Framing wise would give a little more room at the bottom The rear bird has his virtual legs cut Even is the legs are not visible we like to leave room for them

You might want to post the tech info will be easier to see what you were trying to do btw for these birds soft light is the key With hard light the whites are always a problem !!!! Keep finding Ospreys !!!!

George DeCamp
01-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Amanda,

The focus here is way better....good job! Yes, the tech info would help as I am curious what f/stop you used etc. Could use a little more room on the left also but that is a minor point besides what Al said.

Amanda Reed
01-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Sorry about omitting the camera info... D300, 1/400, f10, ISO 200. Thanks so much for the helpful feedback.