PDA

View Full Version : Oh Sh...........

Jeni Williams
02-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Before anyone gets nasty ideas......... the word is SHUCKS!!!!
Hi Guys, back from a very rainy fortnight in the mountains!! Got this guy in drizzle with a plastic bag over the camera BUT I'm chuffed!!!!:D and No, - I couldn't get in front of him, there's a BIG dam there and light is behind him.;) and No, I didn't have my flash - no time to get it.:o

I would like to enter in a local competition (Itsy teeny one) - what do you think?
Tomorrow I'll post a full frame one!
Canon EOS1D Mk 11
Focal length" 600mm
F/8 ( cos I don't have a choice!)
Exp. time: 1/800sec.
exp. comp: - 0.33step.

Desmond Chan
02-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I think this photo is one more about the content than the look, i.e., not just another eye-pleasing image. Viewers likely want to know what happened next.

So, what happened next? :D

I would sharpen the eye more. Too bad about the head angle.

Gus Cobos
02-28-2009, 01:35 PM
The head angle is ok here Jeni...the bird is kind of preoccupied...don't you think...:eek::D I love it to death...so tell me what happened? This is a true action shot in all sense of the word...:p;)

Jackie Schuknecht
02-28-2009, 03:37 PM
You did well Jeni to get this capture. Way to go. Thinking on your feet to get good settings. The snake lost right?? Did you have any others in this sequence?

Harold Davis
02-28-2009, 03:51 PM
i'm another one interesting in what happened next. love the action here, jeni. you did well for the conditions you described. nice title!!!

Jeni Williams
02-28-2009, 03:58 PM
lol :D true to form ...... wait for the next exciting episode...................;)

Deborah Harrison
02-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Instead of Oh Sh...... should be renamed ' The Story of My Life'!!! Don't need to make excuses - you got a wonderful action shot, hope you waited around long enough to witness the conclusion.

Alfred Forns
02-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi Jeni I couldn't agree more with Desmond !!!!!! Its all about the content .... well said !!!

Priceless look on that bird :)

Lance Peters
02-28-2009, 07:42 PM
HI Jeni - Desmond nailed the crtique on this one - weres the next one :)

denise ippolito
02-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Jeni, This is a very interesting image as mentioned. I am also curious to see what comes next?? Great shot!

Matt Lerer
02-28-2009, 10:51 PM
I've always wanted one of these shots and I guess I just have to be jealous of yours! It's hard to say for me that there is anything out of place because I find myself drawn to the action itself. Great shot!

Jeni Williams
03-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Thank you for all the help - I'm working on the eye Desmond! Think it works by upping the yellows in Saturation.
Got a series of this right to where it walks away looking as if it hadn't swallowed a metre + long snake!!:)
Unfortunately all HA's not good!!!:o

Nonda Surratt
03-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Wow..that is some image..Next one please really want to see how this ends!