PDA

View Full Version : Eurasian cranes (Grus grus)

Juan Aragonés
02-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I rarelly go beyond ISO 400 on the D2X because noise performance is not the best to my taste but in this occasion I went up to ISO500 and the result was not bad in terms of noise because the cranes were very cooperative and I could nail the exposure.

Comments and critics are highly appreciated :)

Juan

Doņana National Park South of Spain (Huelva)
Nikon D2X AFS Nikkor 500VR, hand held ISO500 f5,6 1/160s VR on, manual exposure

Ramon M. Casares
02-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi Juan! Lovely family portrait! Great poses and very nice comp. Love the abient as well but I would've tryed to crop a bit from the bottom. Still, stunning! Congratualitons!

Deborah Harrison
02-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Wonderful picture but I agree that some cropping from the bottom might improve the feeling. Took the liberty of trying that to give more of a panorama effect and preserve the atmosphere.

Debbie

Steve Maxson
02-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi Juan. My first thought upon looking at this (other than the fact that it is a very nice family portrait with 3 good head angles) is that a crop from the bottom would strengthen the image. I really like what Deborah has done in the repost.

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Very lovely repost by Deborah . This is beautiful Juan. I love the rich coloring and the family captured together with the same head turns. I also very much like the composition as presented as It gives a wonderful feeling of open space and freedom. Fine work.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Great habitat image. I like the soft light and would only crop a bit off the bottom.

Raymond Barlow
03-01-2009, 01:00 AM
superb image Juan, I do think your crop would work best for a large print., (very large)