PDA

View Full Version : White morph landing amongst the Ibises.

Daniel Cadieux
02-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I was rather pleased when I reveiwed this image of the Reddish Egret on my monitor...I knew the Ibises would look OK at the bottom and I like how the taller preening one offers nice compositional balance. I was also glad none of the ibises' bills were clipped at lower edge, but in a perfect world the bill at far right would be fully included (original edge of frame). Slightly cropped for composition left and top. I'm tempted to eliminate the bill's shadow on the wing but may end up leaving it there.

Canon 40D + 100-400L @400mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/1000s., f/7.1, ISO 500, handheld from the Hooptie Deux.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/dancad/tn_ReddishEgret_0829-01.jpg

Ramon M. Casares
02-28-2009, 06:27 AM
It is different, there will be those who will prefer this noe without the Ibises, I like it this way very much, great pose, lovely light, terrific exposure and good comp, I think I would eliminate the little shadow in the wing. Congratulations!

Randy Stout
02-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Daniel:

I think it is a bit busy for my taste. The reddish(whitish?) looks very nice. I am ok with the bill shadow.

I might be tempted to remove the far right ibis completely by cropping. I think there is still enough open space for the subject to fly into.

Exposure looks fine.

thanks Daniel

Randy

Juan Aragonés
02-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Daniel I have no problem with the bird in the right having cliped the bird because there are a lot of ibis covering all the bottom of the frame (very ¡different thing if you only had the ibis at the right and clipped the bill). The composition works extremelly fine IMO and the pose of the egret is terrific. Fantastic light, and exposure job. I love thecombination of three colours in this image (Blue, white and reds). Very good job :-).

Axel Hildebrandt
02-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Great pose and exposure control. I might clone some of the OOF birds on the bottom.