PDA

View Full Version : For the Ladies

Roman Kurywczak
02-27-2009, 03:18 PM
OK..I was going to call it field of dreams....but that's been done and it's not really a field. Good use of an old carboard box with slits cut into it to hold the flowers. My wife will be happy as she is the beneficiary of the flowers......and I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit.....I used the WA zoom for this instead of my macro. I probably should have lowered the large burgundy one....to maximize the DOF.....but I attempted to make it look like it was in a vase or bouquet.....instead of a flat field......this could be fun.....but I may go broke trying more!
Shot in bright overcast light....indoors with the Canon 1D Mark lll and the 28-135mm lens at 85mm and f29 for 1/3 sec. at ISO 400 natural light/no flash...with silver reflector for added bounce....tripod mounted and 10 sec timer engaged.
As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

Julie Kenward
02-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Gorgeous! Your wife is one lucky lady! I originally thought this was done with flash but then I saw "silver reflector" - man, does that make the edges of the flowers pop! I gotta get me one of those!

I do think I might be prone to pull the saturation back just a smidge on the large red flower below the center but that could just be my monitor. The rest is drop dead gorgeous.

Mike Moats
03-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Hey Roman, great color combination and excellent details

Fabs Forns
03-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Very happy picture, thanks in the name of all the ladies :)