PDA

View Full Version : Last Snowy for this year

Paul Lagasi
02-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Winter seems to be slowly coming to an end up here...days getting longer, sun brighter, warmer..soon these great Owls we've been seeing, will make their way north again...took my last trip to Amherst for this year..and I wasn't disappointed, 11 Snowy Owls, 5 Saw-whets, Barred Owl, Boreal Owl (yes John....lucked in this time), Shrikes, Robins, Horned Larks and many Raptors...
I set up on this Owl, knowing people were coming in from other side, they were walking their dogs in the field, knew he would launch..I just waited, he didn't disappoint.
I took this photo using my 2x teleconverter on my 300 ... not a bad result..but I did break down and use a tripod for this one.

D300
300 2.8 w tc 2x
1/2000
f5.6
iso 400
ev +.7

allanrube
02-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Good planning. I tried without success for a flight shot this fall/winter. I took advantage of others but the snowys never came my way. They seemed to be aware of people on all sides and then flew towards the one spot where no one was.
I like the wing position and talons. I think the face could be a bit sharper.

Fabs Forns
02-26-2009, 09:53 PM
<-------green with envy, I have not even seen one :(
Love the wing position and of course those talons.
Fanned tail a plus.

Alfred Forns
02-27-2009, 09:53 AM
I like it a lot Paul !!!! Elegant pose, lots of detail and great feel !!! Wold love seeing one in person !!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Stunning flight pose Paul and a little different which is always great to see. The fanned tail is beautiful and a big plus for me. Like this a lot Paul and many thanks for sharing.