PDA

View Full Version : Bird ID

Roman Kurywczak
02-26-2009, 09:25 PM
I took this today......and was too lazy to check the bird book as it is late.....so can anyone tell me what it is??? I had a blast with these guys today. This is one of my wider ones:D.
Canon 1D Marklll with the Sigma 300-800mm lens at 434mm for 1/3200 sec. at f7.1. Bright overcast and all mounted on tripod with wimberly head.

John Chardine
02-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi Roman- this is a Muscovy Duck. They are native to Mexico south but they breed ferally in the US in several places and have been domesticated.

Nice rendition of an ugly ducking! I like the wing position and comp. The image has your trademark "low ceiling"!

Steve Maxson
02-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Pretty nice muscovy duck, Roman - a domestic species, though I've seen some of these in Florida that could fly as well as the wild ducks. The photo is nicely done with good exposure control and sharpness plus a nice pose. I'm not sure you cropped it tight enough though. :) :)

Fabs Forns
02-26-2009, 09:55 PM
My husband would have sensory overload with this one :)
Muscovy it is, as domestic as they may come :)
Great EXP and BG with soft light.

Dave Mills
02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Roman...You captured the subject beautifully. All the technicals are there..(in my opinion)

Ramon M. Casares
02-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Lovely pose, exposure, colors, BG and light, comp is nice too. Big congratulaitons, ¨ugly¨ subjects are not easy to make them look good, but you did!

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi Roman,

Your exposure is excellent and so is the detail and eye contact. We see these so often that I guess they get overlooked. Great work and I think the action puts it over the top for me. I am going to have to get me one ;)
Many thanks for sharing.

Alfred Forns
02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Total sensory overload Roman !!! Fine specimen Would love having that beauty in my files !!! .... I think my finest image is a flying muscovy :D

... sure hope Artie gets a look !!!!