PDA

View Full Version : Passageway at the Wave

Dave Mills
02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
I shot this awhile back as a slide. There is a classic location in Ariz called the Wave. It's about a 3 mile hike and you need a permit to go there. The area is basically made up of swirling sandstone. There is a passageway in the wave area where the light bounces around in an interesting fashion. In the foreground of the image is the floor of the passageway. Looking further out you see a bit of sand and the lit wall is the exit. I was there twice and on this trip the wind was raging through the passageway.

Michael Pancier
02-26-2009, 11:18 AM
was this on the main wave or the area or the slot area just next to it? You have to love those natural lines and textures there. I'd try to clone out the footprints in the sand.

Dave Mills
02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Michael. This was the slot area just next to it. After you walk through this(away from the wave) there is a good shot to your right also. I'll post that in a few....

Robert Amoruso
02-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Dave,

Nice work composing this. The stairway affect walks you right through the image. Also having the darker rock in the FG and brighter in the BG leads the eye too since we are drawn to higher contrast in an image.

Roman Kurywczak
02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey Dave,
You definitely lead us through the image with this one. The grain really shows through here. Very nicely done!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
02-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Great Job Dave love the textures