PDA

View Full Version : Sunset at Valley View in Yosemite

Gerald_Gilligan
02-26-2009, 01:11 AM
I look forward to winter in Yosemite.
The weather has to help create the moment and I have to get there and try to capture it.
Here is one of a few that I will post that will show some of the other moods , so I hope that these do not get old or redundant.
I have seen many classic images that are taken from stage right, but there were multiple tripods with a setting sun...next time!

As always... I would like to have some honest eyes advise me on crop, comp, and anything else that you can see to help make these moments better...

6 images (portrait) with a Canon 10D 17-40L f18 2 seconds ISO 100 @ 20mm RAW 12.27.2008 @4:52pm
PTGUI and CS4 for post production.

Jerry

Roman Kurywczak
02-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi Jerry,
I know the other angle you speak of (and I may have know 1 of the photogs who was there).....and I like this one maybe even better! The suggestions I will recommend are very minor.....and just enhance an already beautiful image....the rock in the LR corner has to go as well as the branch???...going out of frame right above it. I may also work a bit on the 1 branch near the 2 evergreens top left....again....very minor...nothing big...just the final tweaks. I really like the rock seperation from this angle and how the shoreline curve just leads you in. Very nicely done!.....and I won't get tired of seeing Yosemite with this type of mood!

Robert Amoruso
02-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Well done Gerald as Roman mentions. I think his tweaks are the way to go. Looking forward to the other images.

Gerald_Gilligan
02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Roman,
Thank you for the suggestions...as always you are right on.

Robert, here they come...

Jerry