PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Owlet

Paul Kusmin
02-25-2009, 10:47 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3471/3273773796_16fa08020a_o.jpg

Here is a shot from Thailand a few months ago now.
I really wanted to include some of the temple stone in the composition but wonder if the position of the bird bothers anyone.

D300 + 500mm f4 AFS-I + 1.7x teleconverter
Exposure:1/320
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 850 mm
ISO Speed: 320
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash

thanks for looking, C & C always appreciated.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-26-2009, 05:32 AM
I like the pose and eye contact. Personally I prefer natural perches but don't find this one distracting. Too bad the lower part of the bird is obscured and I find the bird a bit centered. Fill flash might have worked well here because of the sidelight.

Daniel Cadieux
02-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Pointing the lens more to the right would have placed the owl nicely to the left of the frame and this would also have included more of the perch you wanted to show. I also wish there was a tiny amount of room more below as to not clip the "eye" of the perch. I agree with Axel about fill-flash. I love how the owl is looking at you. Lots of personality in the facial expression!

Alfred Forns
02-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Agree with suggestions This perch is so unusual the works for me and wouldn't mind seeing more of it !!! As presented you might take some from the left for having the bird larger in frame, doses break some guidelines but in this case works for me.

PS wise you can do a little work on the eyes and might lighten the right side, light was for the hard left !!! I like the overall feel, excellent bg !!!