PDA

View Full Version : RE: Problem I'm having

Paul Lagasi
02-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi
Maybe someone can help me with this...for some reason I am not seeing all the threads in many of the forums....an example of this is...John Chardine posted a thread Amherst Island GTG....in Friends forum...if I search for it I can find it...but if I open Friends, Family and More (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8) its not there...also all the threads in the forum are not in order of date and time...not sure what the problem is...help

If I open BPN with my laptop everything is ok

Roger Clark
02-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Hmm.... That is a tough one. What browser(s) are you using? Is your clock set correctly? Look at the bottom of the page at the display options, and perhaps try changing them, e.g. to thread start time, then looking through the list to find the missing thread. Perhaps its just sorted so it falls off the bottom. Just some thoughts.

Paul Lagasi
02-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi Roger..Internet Explorer, clock is fine...I'll try playing with display options...I recently had to do a recovery on my system (an update gone very wrong), the problem started after that....thanks Paul

Day 2...Tried Rogers suggestions, no luck still have a problem...but did put thread settings to Hybrid View...now I can see all the replies...also I've noticed when I log out, then log in again...I see threads that weren't there before...I'll keep trying

James Shadle
03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
It sounds like a "cookie" or cache issue.
Try "delete browsing history" including cookies and see what happens.
James

Paul Lagasi
03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
James I never had this problem before...my drive crashed, I bought a new drive, re- installed Window's XP, did all the updates...the problem started....but as I stated above, laptop works fine..
Changing to Hybred view helped
I will check my cookies and cach settings comparing them to laptop...
Thank You

Chris Ober
03-10-2009, 05:37 AM
Check the "Default Thread Age Cut Off" option and see what it's set to. If this is set to a shorter time, you'll miss the older threads. It's in the User CP, Edit Options section.