PDA

View Full Version : Spoonbill wingflap.

Daniel Cadieux
02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm sure the two OOF birds won't please everyone, but I found the DOF and separation between them and main subject good enough to keep. I also think they help portray that there are more often than not more than only one in a given spot. One thing about spoonies is that they tend to flap their wings alot...it's not a matter of if, but rather when you'll get an image of excellent wing action :-)

Canon 40D + 100-400L @400mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/2000s., f/7.1, ISO 400, natural light, handheld (from the Hooptie Deux...thanks again James!!)

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/dancad/tn_RoseateSpoonbill_0603-01.jpg

Fabs Forns
02-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I think the OOF birds balance the image and the fact that they have different DOF makes it interesting to me. Let's see the other opinions. Glad you had a goof time!

Arthur Morris
02-25-2009, 09:31 PM
I like the COMP and the o-of birds--they balance the COMP nicely. EXP and SH perfect. Wish only that the two extra guys had turned their heads towards you. And BTW, you were lucky with the flapping...

It was great meeting you in person. Thanks again for your help on the IPT.

Mike Lentz
02-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I actually like it this way, it looks like the other two are checking out this guy and thinking "showoff".
The exposure is perfect!

joel quenneville
02-25-2009, 09:56 PM
I agree with the others on the OOF birds. They give a sense of the environment and they give this image a more "social" feel to it than one with an isolated bird. Congratulations on lining up these birds and catching the wingflap at the same time. The image is well composed, well exposed and well balanced. Good job.

Bonnie Block
02-25-2009, 10:39 PM
The oof birds suit me just fine, Daniel. Great composition. Perfect exposure and great details.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-26-2009, 06:43 AM
I like the wing flap and composition. The head angle of the OOF birds doesn't bother me.

Grady Weed
02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
OOF bird actually make this one for you. Way too many images a sterile and out of character for the species. There is enough separation, different oof for each makes it more interesting and helps to put them at different distance from each other. Nice wing flap and great details, rich blue water makes it have depth. I also like the moderately bright light to darker blue from front to back. Keep them coming. Spoonbil's rock!

Tony Whitehead
02-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Well done, Dan. OOF birds are fine. I really like the light and textures on the wings, especially the ripples on the primaries.

Ramon M. Casares
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Love it as presented, lovely light, great detail, exposure and poses, excelent comp IMO. Congratualtions!

Art Kornienko
02-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Lovely Daniel, the OOF birds do seem to balance the image well and the wing position of the Spoony is supberb, great timing. A softer light might have been very nice too.

Juan Aragonés
02-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Very good job on the composition Daniel, love the OOF spoonies and the fantastic pink reflections in the blue water. The pose of the main subject... just perfect! :-)