PDA

View Full Version : A "Royal" Tit

Phil Liew
02-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Sultan Tit -
This is a rather shy bird that more often than not stays well clear of people but on this day it entertained me for a few minutes. Taken under heavy canopy foliage I was looking for that elusive clean perch.

At times I feel the species we have in these parts do not come out into the open that often and in most instances a little bit of environment does enhance the photo to show the habitat. Granted mine may not be the best example though!!

5D Mk2 + EF600mm + 1.4 ext II
1/30s f/8.0 ISO 800 EV + 1 1/3 Fill Flash -2 (rear curtain)
http://www.pbase.com/996sps/image/109498929.jpg

Fabs Forns
02-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Nice exposure, pose and head angle, Background a bit distracting. Maybe burning and blurring would help?

Arthur Morris
02-25-2009, 09:45 PM
As above except that I rather like the BKGR. It complements the bird. Killer crest and EXP. I wish that the tail were visible and could do without the big branch part of the perch.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-26-2009, 05:52 AM
Beautiful bird and pose, I don't think I have seen this species before. Adding to the other comments, I would clone out the branch above the crest.

Paul Kusmin
02-26-2009, 03:12 PM
great capture of an elusive bird.
I was lucky to get a few shots of this species in Thailand earlier but for the most part it stayed high up in the canopy, so getting a close shot like this must be all the more rewarding.
I agree with the other comment about cloning out the distraction above the crest.