PDA

View Full Version : Footsteps

José Rodríguez
02-25-2009, 04:59 PM
One of my first shots with my d40. Dunes in Maspalomas (Gran Canaria) . That little spot in the sky was the moon :-) .
Sigma 10-20, handheld

<table id="Inbox" width="100%" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Cámara:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">Nikon D40 (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/nikon/d40/)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Exposición:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">0,017 sec (1/60)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Aperture:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">f/9</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Lente:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">10 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Velocidad ISO:</td> <td>200</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tendencia de exposición:</td> <td>0/6 EV</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Velocidad ISO:</td> <td>200</td></tr></tbody></table>

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/8267172-lg.jpg

joel quenneville
02-25-2009, 08:45 PM
I love your composition here José. The sidelighting gives that nice texture to the image while the footprints lead the viewer through the frame. I would suggest cropping some off the top of the frame to emphasize the sand.

James Shadle
02-25-2009, 09:39 PM
I love the concept.
The diagonal direction of the foot steps and the way they pull your eye through the frame is TOP SELF.

I would love to see an image like this from a higher angle, allowing more dune and those cool foot prints.

I also feel the dark corner distracts from an otherwise very cool image.

James

PS Your nickname(Newbie) might need to be upgraded at this rate:).

Robert Amoruso
02-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I like the style you are demostrating Jose. You have a good eye. I am debating on the dark diagonal shadow. I like it because it is a diagonal and at the corner. I don't like it because is grabs the eye. However, as you have the footprints coming out of it, I can make the case that the flow of the image is to grad the eye in the dark corner... you then see the footprints.... and follow them to the top of the dune... where the crescent moon takes you into the sky.

Roman Kurywczak
02-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Jose,
Another opinion......I love everything about the image......except that corner dark diagonal shadow.....and I don't think you can eliminate it in PP'ing effectively. A different angle....even composing just above the shadow....would have been more effective for my tastes. Everything else is right on.

Tom Dolezal
02-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Lovely texture and tones in that sand and then contrast with the sky works well for me. The dark lh corner does not work for me - too much of a contrast to the sand and sky tones.

Dave Mills
02-27-2009, 04:09 PM
I have a different take on this. The light is beautiful and the footprint leading line is fine. I agree with others regarding the shadow in the lower left but I also feel the moon is far too insignificant in the image to justify allowing that much sky in the upper half compositionally.