PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird on New Perch

RR Donavan
01-25-2008, 11:10 AM
As stated before, my daughter's backyard is very shallow due to her wooden fence. This forces me to shoot through the bckdoor as there is no room for a blind. My setup is about about 10 yards form the back door.

While photographing bluebirds one cold cloudy morning, I placed a remote flash outside of the door. This little lady decided to use it as a perch to look for mealworms that I placed near my setup. In this image, she's about 5 feet from me.

C & C welcome.

Roy

1DmkII, 70-200mm @70mm, 1/250, f8, ISO 800, handheld

Lana Hays
01-25-2008, 04:13 PM
RR
I really like the shots of the backyard birds on our photographic equipment........always gives me a smile. I like the composition and the look over the shoulder. I think the focus was probably on the back of the bird making the head just a tad less sharpened. You could select just the head and give it an extra boost of USM.

Alfred Forns
01-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Also while you are working on the head might lighten it a tad Love your set up !!!!

......btw what happens if we all show up there to shoot in your backyard:D You do amazing work with those feeders !!!! Big Congrats my friend !!!