PDA

View Full Version : The first flight

Michel Pilon
02-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Hello all,

Knowing its tool is essential for anyone willing to do a task perfectly. For this young Eastern Kingbird, the knowledge and contol of its wings is of prime importance in order to take its first flight. The departure was near as the adults just stopped feeding him and was perched nearby, encouraging him.

I was very lucky to assist at the leaving of the nest and then to the first real flight of the youngs. I will always remembered this day where I spent 3 hours photographying all the family at my great pleasure!

Picture took at Carbonneau's Marsh, Sherbrooke, Quebec last June 2008.

Any comments on this one?

Thank you very much in advance,

Michel Pilon
Quebec, Canada

MP

http://parcours.pilonm.org/pictures/tyranTritri26.jpg

Model = Canon EOS 40D

[Camera]
Exposure Time = 1/500"
F Number = F11
Exposure Program = Aperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 320
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2008-07-05 09:23:39
Date Time Digitized = 2008-07-05 09:23:39
Shutter Speed Value = 9 TV
Aperture Value = 7 AV
Exposure Bias Value = -0.33EV
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 420mm

Doug Brown
02-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi Michel. Great timing, with cool wing position and great sharpness. I like the story that accompanies the photo too. The bird is a little tight in the frame, and I might clone out a couple of the branches.

joel quenneville
02-25-2009, 08:32 PM
I like your composition here, Michel. The outstretched wings form a leading line that directs the viewers gaze to the bird's eye. Good job on your BG, it is soft enough to be unobtrusive but enough detail remains to give us a hint about this bird's habitat. The bird is well lit with great feather detail. Good job on capturing the action here.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I like the pose and eye contact and agree that it is a bit tight in the frame.

Juan Aragonés
02-26-2009, 05:55 AM
A bit tight in the frame for me too but the sharpness is fantastic and I love the eye contact and pose of this young guy. :-)

Michel Pilon
03-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Thank you all for your pertinent and appreciated comments.

A little bit tight? Maybe...

Michel