PDA

View Full Version : Pennybacker Bridge, Austin

Fred Bourque
02-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Frist try at HDR.
3 Images, +2ev, 0 ev, -2 ev. Canon 50D and Canon 10-22mm @ 14mm. HDR done with Photomatrix.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/Stargazer_54/PENNYBACKER__filtered21.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
02-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi Fred,
Welcome to the forum! First we ask that people post the specs along with the image....how many images combined to make the HDR....stops used....camera equipment used...PP program used etc.......so that others who visit learn from other peoples attempts.
Now ....about the image....I like the diagonal composition very much with the strong anchoring of the rocks in the FG. I also like the way the twigs on the left balance with the ones on the LR.....2 things would IMO help improve this.....clone out/crop....the fronds sticking into the orange glow of the sky.....and bring down the cyan a touch in the sky...although I think that one is very minor. I think you did a very good job on the HDR here and compositionally....this was very well done. Now I would revisit this place often.....because if you get more clouds in the sky...Look out! Nicely done!

Fred Bourque
02-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks Roman for the kind words and comments. I will post the specs.
Fred

Hi Fred,
Welcome to the forum! First we ask that people post the specs along with the image....how many images combined to make the HDR....stops used....camera equipment used...PP program used etc.......so that others who visit learn from other peoples attempts.
Now ....about the image....I like the diagonal composition very much with the strong anchoring of the rocks in the FG. I also like the way the twigs on the left balance with the ones on the LR.....2 things would IMO help improve this.....clone out/crop....the fronds sticking into the orange glow of the sky.....and bring down the cyan a touch in the sky...although I think that one is very minor. I think you did a very good job on the HDR here and compositionally....this was very well done. Now I would revisit this place often.....because if you get more clouds in the sky...Look out! Nicely done!

Paul Marcellini
02-25-2009, 10:00 AM
I really like the color combo here and the comp works quite nicely. Roman's suggestion to clone those branches is spot on. The HDR processing is very well done. I wouldn't know it if you didn't say, so congrats!

joel quenneville
02-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Good job on the HDR conversion Fred. I love the interplay between cold and warm tones in the image. Your composition and exposure are great. The reflection in the still waters below is a plus as are the light trail on the bridge. Well done.

Robert Amoruso
02-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Fred,

Welcome to the forum. I totally agree with Roman, Paul and Joel. Nice work.

Fred Bourque
02-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks again all. Glad yall liked it.