PDA

View Full Version : birdman

stuart wanuck
02-25-2009, 05:36 AM
nikon d 300 iso 640 a 1250 6.1
wako

Daniel Cadieux
02-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Sharpness and exposure look good, but this particualr pose would work best as a horizontal with additional room in front of the heron to fly into. I also wish it wasn't flying away...do you have some frames from when it hadn't passed you yet?

Juan Aragonés
02-25-2009, 07:05 AM
Too much empty room in the top of the frame and very tight in the left and bottom. Sharpness is fantastic and I agree with Daniel about the landscape composition. Too bad that the bird is flying away from you. Keep them coming :-)

Michel Pilon
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Hello Stuart,

Very nice shot of this Great Heron.

Too much empty room in the top of the frame and very tight in the left and bottom

+1. An horizontal composition would have been better her I think.

Great light and nice details!

Thanks for sharing :-)

Michel Pilon
Quebec, Canada

Dave Mills
02-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Stuart...I took the liberty to show a different way of composing the image. I like the subject matter, lighting and sharpness. I did this quickly so please ignore the color variances.

stuart wanuck
02-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Stuart...I took the liberty to show a different way of composing the image. I like the subject matter, lighting and sharpness. I did this quickly so please ignore the color variances.
please review the steps was it adding canvas?

WIlliam Maroldo
02-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Adding canvas is usually done by increasing the canvas size and then using the clone stamp tool (In Photoshop). However, since I'm lazy I almost always try a sort of book end approach first(that works especially well with blue skys), and then use the clone brush if I have to. I create a new layer, then expand the canvas with Image/Canvas Size. You'll notice Anchor and 8 arrows. Click on the arrow opposite the side you want to expand, then increase width or height. Click Ok. Now Edit/transform/flip Horizontal or Vertical. Now the top layer is flipped and can be moved to fill in the area to be filled. Line it up, and there will be no seam. In other words you line up the mirrored edges. Then flatten the image. Sometimes you'll have to use the clone brush to remove parts you didn't want to mirror, or there is a something odd (like a gradient you didn't notice earlier, and you'll have to use the old clone stamp approach. Hope I've been helpful ~Bill