PDA

View Full Version : Mirrored Stilt

Christopher C.M. Cooke
01-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Image taken with 30D and 70-200 F4L with 1.4X converter (280mm) at F/7.1, 1/500sec, Pattern metering. ISO 100, Apeture Priority Exposure, 100% Crop.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/cookie99/IMG_4684cr1024x768.jpg

John Cooper
01-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Hi Chris, I like the unusual leg configuration giving a rather comical appearence with its corresponding reflection!! A Little more canvas in front of the bird would improve the composition, although you would then need to crop some from the left so the stilt is not centered in the frame.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-25-2008, 06:15 AM
Nice pose and reflection. The light looks a bit harsh and I wish for more eye contact. A lower angle would have helped and next to the head it looks like a clone mark. The vertical crop works but I would crop off the right and maybe add a little to the right.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-25-2008, 06:58 AM
Nice action and pose and I like the reflection but I agree about cropping a little from the right and adding a little on the left. Good exposure control. Thanks for sharing Christopher.

Jim Poor
01-25-2008, 07:07 AM
I have to say that I don't like the leg in this pose. Sure, they really do move like that but it just looks all wrong. It gives me the feeling of broken or dislocated for some reason.

I wish the eye were more visible, maybe some work could bring it out a little more.

Looks like some work was done right above the head? There is a dark smeared looking blob there, oblong in shape that runs pretty much parallel to the beak. There is also a "ghost image" of the knee of the rear leg in that same area like you might have accidentally run over it with the clone brush.

I think the overall quality suffered in the crop and clone work.

Sorry, but this one just doesn't do it for me.

Christopher C.M. Cooke
01-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks again folks all comments well and truly noted, your advice is much appreciated.