PDA

View Full Version : Moon over Viera, Florida

JB Ellis
02-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Just wanted to see what you thought of this HDR. Its not very dramatic, but I kind of like the simplicity.

Michael Pancier
02-23-2009, 10:36 PM
can you post more details, i.e., # images, the exposures, the HDR program you used?

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2009, 06:40 AM
JB,

One of the better landscapes I have seen from there. I like the colors and composition plus the moon. I would have left more room on the right so the pine tree was not clipped or crop to the left of it.

As Michael mentioned, please leave full details on the exposure range, number of frames, HDR program and camera equipment used. Thanks.

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi JB,
techs aside.....I'm with Robert.....one of the better ones I've seen from here as it is not an easy location. I'm torn on the moon....while I like the color of the sky and the moon shape......there may be too much space up there.....as I find the grass/weed patterns and palm tree seperation...the most appealing part of the image. After looking at a pano crop.....I would leave it as presented.....seems to take away too much from the colors. Nicely done with a tough location.

Rene Quenneville
02-24-2009, 12:18 PM
I would vote for a pano that removes most of the blue sky, placing the water line at the upper third line. I feel that the sunset effect is more striking that way and it brings more attention to the beautiful reflections.

JB Ellis
02-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Michael, the details are 3 shots at 0.3 to 1/30 @ f11, ISO 100, Photomatrix pro3

James Shadle
02-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Another option.
I love the way you used HDR. This looks like a photograph.
Many HDR images look more like graphic art than photographs.