PDA

View Full Version : Little Green Heron With Little Fish

Ed Cordes
02-23-2009, 09:37 PM
I made this image today after taking the Everglades workshop from Fabs and Alfred. They taught us a lot.

This little guy was on the Anhinga Trail half hidden under some mangroves with sweet afternoon light and great reflection I made several images then he got this little fish. I wish the vertical branch behind him were gone, but this image is as it was in life. A quick processing job in LR as I am still on the road using my lap top, which I do not like for image processing.

1DMK2 with 500 f4 ISO 640 with 1/400 and f4. I wish I were home to use Noise Ninja on the BG and PK Sharpener, but I wanted to get an image up. It is cropped a bit.

As always comments are most welcome.

Ed

Axel Hildebrandt
02-24-2009, 09:58 AM
I like the wide crop, light and details but find the branches in the upper left a bit distracting. More head turn toward you would be great, too.

Doug Brown
02-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi Ed. Glad you had a good time with Al and Fabs. You had some great light for this photo. If only you'd had a cleaner BG and a slight head turn. I might go for a tighter crop to get rid of some of the clutter and highlight the bird and the fish a little more.

Ed Cordes
02-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the input! Yes I agree about the branches. Unfortunately I do not have CS4 on my lap top only LR. I already decided to do some tree surgery when I got home. Head turn - he just wouldn't listen to my instructions! LOL