PDA

View Full Version : Pantanal Cattle Trails

ChasMcRae
02-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Photo of cattle trails through marshy portion of Pantanal, Brazil taken from air. A single Egret is near the center and perhaps should have removed it ,but some may not even notice.
Chas.W. McRae

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark II
Date/Time: 2005:07:31 18:58:06
Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 800
Focal length: 85mm
Image size: 3504 x 2336
Color space: sRGB
Color profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2009, 06:43 AM
You composed this well Chuck. At first I felt that perhaps the watering hole was too much in the center, but I like how the paths flow into and out of it and you would lose that by, say moving the hole to a RoT power point. Having off center to the right works well here.

I would try some local contrast enhancement (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20434).

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi Chas,
Agree with Robert.....placement is very nice with the trails leading out and in for that matter. I also agree with a bit more pop and the LCE. I would remove the bird.....tough to see in this small size......but it would distract IMO in a larger size. We'll see what others have to say. I like how you took a simple scene and made it quite interesting. well done!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
02-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Very nice Chas, has a macro feel too it.

Paul Marcellini
02-24-2009, 11:28 PM
It really is a great comp. You've got your diagonals and then the 2 lines framing on each end. I like the bird, gives just a hint of detail to this. I actually think blowing it up big is where it would shine. Maybe on a gallery wrapped canvas.

ChasMcRae
03-01-2009, 03:33 PM
When you are hanging out the open door of an airplane its tough to think composition and even tougher to yell "stop".
You shoot what looks good to the "mind's eye" and keep going. Sometimes it works ,but more often it doesn't.

Thanks everyone for comments
Chas.