PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Mountains II

Adams Serra
02-23-2009, 07:41 PM
I had great feed back from you guys on the image that i posted a few days ago, so i decided to share another one and see what your thoughts are about this one.

20D
F 22
1/10
Iso 100
28mm

All comments are appreciated

Steve Maxson
02-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Love the fog, the colors, and the sweeping curve of the fence, Adams. I think I would prefer that the fence continued in the frame farther to the right almost to the corner, but the image is also striking as is.

David Thomasson
02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
I love it. Looks like the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've been on it countless times.

I think I would makes a levels adjustment and apply it to just the lower left corner with a soft brush. Something like this (bottom):

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/286/smokies.jpg

(I'm not suggesting this crop, of course.)

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi Adams,
Wow...a couple of days in a row! I think both Steve and David gave some excellent advice. A crop around the center of the right evergreens would further emphasize the curve and as David showed.....just a hair more light into the corner....would further strenghten this. You captured the mood and depth of layers in this image very well. Nicely done!

John Blumenkamp
02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
I really like the tones and mood you've captured here with the fog. I like Roman's level adjustment. I'm not too fond of the partial left turn arrow and yellow stripes in the lower lefthand corner, but you can't move those... lol. Maybe slightly moving your position would have changed the framing so they aren't in the image? Nice image regardless... hope to see more!

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Adams,

Since the road is going to be in the image, use it. Including the whole curve and having it enter from the right corner would have been the preferred framing IMO.

I suggest a LCE using USM on BG copy at 20/50/0, then a Shadows/Highlights to open up the shadows. LCE will make it pop more.

David Thomasson
02-25-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm not too fond of the partial left turn arrow and yellow stripes in the lower lefthand corner, but you can't move those... lol.

Why not?

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4466/stripes.jpg