PDA

View Full Version : Natural vs Artificial

José Rodríguez
02-23-2009, 07:49 AM
In this I wanted to contrast nature and human creation....
Nikon D40 , Sigma 10-20@10mm , handheld

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/7040780-lg.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
02-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi Jose,
I think the idea was great and you executed it nicely......equal balance of man made to natural.....and the lines are very strong graphically.....but something about the image just isn't working for me.......maybe it's the harshness of the lines as compared to the soft curve of the mountain??? ...not sure.....let's see what others chime in.

David Kennedy
02-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Jose,
I think this is a really clever idea--very graphic, just as Roman said, and I really enjoy the dramatic contrast between the foreground and the background. I do wish for just a touch more sky, but I can also tell you were working not to make it a 50/50 composition, but to stay true to the rule of thirds.

Rene Quenneville
02-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Great composition. From my point of view, it seems to lack depth of field. Foreground is linear and sharp and background is round and soft. Using a tripod and hyperfocal distance focu would have helped.

Harold Davis
02-23-2009, 07:00 PM
i think you accomplished what you wanted to, but i feel i want more also. especially higher and to the right.

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Jose,

I think I am liking this overall more then the others. But I would have like to see alternate comps of this area. Did you do more then just this one composition?