PDA

View Full Version : Cypress - Lake Toho

Robert Amoruso
02-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Cypress tree at Lake Toho 2/14/09.

Out looking for Snail Kites in "The Fog" so thick we lost our way. Thanks to Mike Tracy for a good time. This was my best and only keeper image from that trip.

ISO 1000 w/o noise correction using

Canon 5D Mark II
24-105mm @ 105mm
1/125 sec, f/10
Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
Exp comp: +2/3
ISO: 1000
AF mode: AI Servo AF
Drive: Continuous
White balance: Cloudy

Roman Kurywczak
02-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey Robert,
I've been trying to get one of these myself for a few years.......never got enough isolation. You did better than I ever have but I'm wishing the fog was heavier around the cypress?? Not sure if that's it though....maybe it's the same problem I had with the BG.....we'll see what others chime in. I'm not a huge fan of the sign either......but that's not an impact either way. No snail kites either??? Still a better day than at the office!

Robert Amoruso
02-23-2009, 10:45 AM
My wife does not like the sign either but I do. I did LCE to make the tree pop better but that lessened the fog too.

Roman Kurywczak
02-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Now that I think of it.......the sign has a "how the heck" did that get there thought process to it.....or maybe more like "why?" did they put it there!!!
I hate that about the LCE......it does minimize the fog. We need the restore fog filter in PS.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
02-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Very nice Robert, I like the sign as it gives it a story, and anybody that puts a sign out here I think means business. It has the feeling "Trespasser will be shot" thanks for sharing

Paul Marcellini
02-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Im not a fan of the sign, but i always try to eliminate hand of man. I like the centered comp here. Pretty balanced with the green. It seems a bit too contrasty for me, I'd be interested in a version without lce. Gotta love those cypress though.

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Paul,

Sign is easy enough to get rid of but i left it there as this, as you well know, is a pretty common occurrence in FL. Hey I got rid of a headless anhinga (had his head buried under a wing grooming).

I did the LCE because I am going to print this and on mat paper, the LCE helps a lot to make the image pop.

Thanks Curly and Roman for you input.

I think I will stay with the sign.

Marina Scarr
03-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Robert, I stand corrected. I think the sign adds a lot to this photograph and is a part of this cypress' story.

It was great fun photographing with you and the others yesterday. Hope to do so again soon in my neck of the woods next time!