PDA

View Full Version : "Building The Nest"

Gus Cobos
02-21-2009, 03:01 PM
“Building The Nest”

Note: This was taken sitting on the bank of the little lake side by side to Miss Fabs; I wanted to get the proper angle to capture the sweet golden light reflected in the water as the sun was going down.

This fellow was busy gathering twigs and branches for his nest, at Long Key Nature Center in Davie Florida. He was painted with a Nikon D70s, using a Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4 D IF-ED lens, and a Nikkor 1.7 T/C.

Image solution:
focal length @ 765mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / ISO @ 400 / 1/640sec. - f/6.7 / white balance @ auto / AF - mode @ dynamic range, auto - continuous / color space @ sRGB /lighting solution - no speedlight, ambient light / exposure comp @ -1.0EV / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - no tripod, hand held /

Comments greatly appreciated…:cool:

Lance Peters
02-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Hey Gus - you guys sure have strange birds over there :) No wonder they dont breed over here in OZ - Not enough Turtles to make their nests with :) :) :)

Like it a lot - can just see you guys sitting on the banks :)

Alfred Forns
02-21-2009, 08:36 PM
I like it with the turtles Gus !!! Does give it a different look !!! btw today I got the trifecta right on that log ... turtle, Ibis and Iguana !!!!

Kerry Perkins
02-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Great juxtaposition of critters! The turtle in the middle looks he thinks that stick is his!

Oscar Zangroniz
02-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Great reflection and composition Gus.
Like it a lot. I remember you taking this one.

denise ippolito
02-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Gus, Nice composition and the turtles add interest!!

Jackie Schuknecht
02-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Very nice Gus, great shot. Nice isolation between BG and subject. Bonus to get the turtles. The light does look sweet!