PDA

View Full Version : Slot Canyon View

Dave Mills
02-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Taken at Upper Antelope Canyon. Your neck gets a workout there since your looking upwards most of the time. Best time to shoot there is between 11-1 since the sun is at it's peak and allows the light to bounce around to it's max.
Nikon D200 24-120 lense
f18, 10 sec, warming filter, -2/3 comp
tripod mtd

José Rodríguez
02-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Just superb IMO. Textures, curves, lighting...Really love it. Congrats

Paul Marcellini
02-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Well handled exposure. I like the different layers of orange through the window. I might try dodging/burning to emphasize the distinct layers more. Just a thought. Also above the orange where it is 2 tones of pink, I would crop to below the light pink. I think it helps keep the eye in frame and removes the bit of low contrast area from what looks like a little flare. Great place and capture of it Dave.

Roman Kurywczak
02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey Dave,
I looked at it without the light pink area......and Paul may be onto something...this eliminates the nice darker/black shape.....but does accentuate the orange more.....either way.....very nice texture in the shadow areas with the nice flowing lines. Nicely done!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
02-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Great shot Dave love the texture and contrast of the black rock and orange.

Michael Pancier
02-22-2009, 10:15 AM
I love the comp. How did the near walls come out gray? Must have been totally different light when you were there. Usually on this shot the near walls come out kind of purple. Very different view of this amazing place.

Robert Amoruso
02-22-2009, 06:44 PM
I like the transition of monotone to color. Well composed in the vertical, the FG lines in the walls present some interesting opposing directions forcing the eye to travel around in two directions - horizontal on the left and vertical on the right. That works due to the brighter colored area drawing the eye into the image through the competing lines of the walls.

Try some local contrast enhancement, USM on BG copy 20/50/0.