PDA

View Full Version : Dhole chasing

Sabyasachi Patra
02-21-2009, 09:42 AM
This image is from my last weekend Safari in Nagarhole National Park, India. This dhole (cuon alpinus) was chasing deers. The vegetation was dense.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, ISO 400, f3.5, 1/320, Full frame. This is the first time I was using the 400mm in the bush hawk and found this combo was not as easily manageable as the 1dII+300mmf4+1.4x combo.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Jasper Doest
02-21-2009, 11:02 AM
What a cool looking animal Sabyashi! And the pose you caught her in is really nice. Too bad you clipped part of the tail. You have some very difficult conditions to work with there in India...and IMO you're doing well...although you're right that ideally the vegetation could have been less chaotic.

Nate Chappell
02-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Great action and shot here Sabyasachi, I'd love to just see this species one day. I've seen a couple of old sambar kills by dholes but I've never seen the dhole. My only suggestion might be to use a little highlight adjustment to try and bring down the brightness of some of the surroundings.

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-22-2009, 07:55 AM
What an interesting animal and the action you captured makes this image for me. Great timing Sabyasachi and thanks for sharing such interesting images. Good comments from Jasper !!

Steve Canuel
02-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Cool looking animal and she does seem focused on the chase. BG is busy but doesn't bother me, as from shows I've seen on this species, this is the environment I'd expect. I agree with Nate on bringing down the highlights a bit.

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Agree on the highlight adjustment but other then that well done. Good sense of motion with the slight blur onthe BG and feet.