PDA

View Full Version : Feeding frenzy

Dick Boone
01-24-2008, 08:44 PM
This image was created very late one evening. The light is super soft, and the feral hogs are out in force. Here they have found some corn that had been put out for deer, etc. and were in almost constant motion, shoving each other aside to get at the corn. I was using my Nikon D200 with the 80-400mm VR lens at 310mm, hand-held. ISO was set at 640, image created at 1/20th @f5.3. Comments?

Pete Woods
01-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Sorry this does not work for me. The centre focal point being that blurred just does not work. It also seems you have camera shake as well. Nothing withing the image is sharp.

Fabs Forns
01-26-2008, 07:32 PM
I like it very much, BBC is choosing a lot of blurred images as winner lately. If it were mine, I'd probably bump the warmth and saturation a little bit.

Bud Cline
01-29-2008, 10:08 AM
This is a great example of an "image in context" situation. Without the title and explanation, you could expect this not to work for most viewers, IMO. With the title and explanation, it works very well, IMO - the center group of hogs are "clearly" in motion while those on the fringes are "clearly" waiting their turn to jump in. I like it! I'm glad you shared it with us. Bud