PDA

View Full Version : White Morph From Sanibel

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-19-2009, 07:04 PM
This was taken a few months ago on a visit to Sanibel. I saw it while down by the pier and had great fun snapping a few images as he fished along the beach.

Nikon D300
Nikon 300mm F2.8
ISO 400
1/2000, F11
manual

All comments are appreciated. Thanks !!

Robert Amoruso
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Judy,

You did good getting a nice head angle, interesting downwards look to show of the feathers and good direction on the light that works well at the head angle and defines the feathers very well.

Can't say I am too crazy about the color of the water. You could subtract some yellow to lessen the green look of the water.

Randy Stout
02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Judy:

Beautiful handling of the whites. The eye appears oversharpened to me, pupil too large for bright light.

Randy

Ally Katt
02-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Just love the pose, the dangling feet, the ruffled feathers, and the delicate pose wings. There does appear to be artifact around the edges of the entire bird which is a bit distracting.

john crookes
02-20-2009, 10:36 AM
You have a nice pose and different angle when i looked at it on my computer i notice a line completely surrounding the bird like a selection mask that was expanded out insted of into the bird

Maybe revist your work and see if the mask can be corrected

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi John ,

Many thank for taking the time for the repost. I honestly am not sure why this line is there since there was no masking done. I am going away this weekend but will look at the original file and re edit it to see just what is going on. I appreciate you drawing this to my attention. Have a great weekend John.