PDA

View Full Version : Daylilies

massimomossi
02-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Taken a couple of years ago--scanned from a slide, so no tech details other than camera (EOS Elan 7) and lens (Canon 75-300 4.5-5.6 EF USM III)--sorry. I do know that I did minimal cropping and color adjustment. So this is pretty much as I shot it.

Enjoy, and comments most welcome as always.
Massimo

Fabs Forns
02-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Lovely color palette, almost an abstract with the converging lines, I may even crop tighter.

Ed Vatza
02-20-2009, 07:23 PM
I really like this image a lot, Massimo. The colors are great as is the composition in my book. I do seem to see a bit of noise particularly in the greens. Very nice job.

Julie Kenward
02-21-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm the opposite of Fabs on this one - I want a little more room - a bit more at the top and a little bit more at the bottom where the stamen are partially cut off. I do love how the colors repeat through the image - very nicely done! Agree with Ed on running some noise reduction in the BG and "greens".

Mike Moats
02-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Hey Massimo, very nice group and beautiful colors. I agree with Jules as it seems a little tight on the top as the stamens are almost touching the edge of the frame, and needs just a tad more gap there, still a well done images.