PDA

View Full Version : Sand Dunes in The Empty Quarter III

David Steele
01-24-2008, 02:36 PM
The third of the trilogy, more abstract this time. I promise to give the dunes a break after this! Anyone for a cappucino?
(These really do look like this, with varying colours of sand.)

Camera: Canon 1Ds Mk II.
Lens: Canon EF 70-200 mm at 200 mm.
1/40 sec, f22, ISO 100, mirror locked up.

John Cooper
01-24-2008, 11:29 PM
This one really is a study of texture and pattern David. Is some of the sand really that orange? No doubt the colour enhanced by time of day ? early morning or late afternoon? fascinating place for sandscapes!!

David Steele
01-25-2008, 12:38 AM
These colours are real but it is the only area I've seen that's like this - both from a colour point of view and the actual pattern of the dunes. I think the lighter sand is shifting over the more compact reddish-brown sand, creating quite defined edges. It's a good area for zooming in and shooting abstract close-ups too. Also, very few people go here so you don't have to contend with footprints and tyre tracks.

John Cooper
01-25-2008, 11:10 PM
These colours are real but it is the only area I've seen that's like this - both from a colour point of view and the actual pattern of the dunes. I think the lighter sand is shifting over the more compact reddish-brown sand, creating quite defined edges. It's a good area for zooming in and shooting abstract close-ups too. Also, very few people go here so you don't have to contend with footprints and tyre tracks.

I think I might come over and visit you David!!

Robert Amoruso
01-27-2008, 07:35 AM
David,

Think this composition works very well and unlike the others has a sweeping effect on me when I view it. I feel like the wind is carrying me. A well seen image.