PDA

View Full Version : Evening in Bharatpur

Sabyasachi Patra
02-18-2009, 09:33 AM
I was searching for Sarus cranes in Keoladeo Ghana National Park, Bharatpur in India. Evening was fast approaching. I wanted to create a moody scene with an antelope. The antelope gave me a miss when I was trying to adjust my tripod for a lower angle (earlier the tripod had flipped and I had a injured my thumb, so was doing it single handedly). I captured the scene nevertheless. No idea how successful I am.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 800, f9, 1/200.

Look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Rene Quenneville
02-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Nice set-up but we miss the animal. I can't find a point of attention (focal point) so my eyes wander around. Or well, the droppings are probably the point...

Well exposed, just wishing the antelope was still there...

Roman Kurywczak
02-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Hey Sabyasachi,
Nice to see you here in this forum!!! I agree with Rene's assesment (nice job Rene!).........but will add an additional thought. If you aren't against such things...........get rid of the dung piles.......now the road/path becomes more prominant.....and the mystery of the mood......what lies around the corner is emphasized. I would crop to above your name in the signature....this also helps compsitionally......as it puts me on the path.
PS I just scrolled with the browser to eliminate the dark band at the bottom......you can leave the dung......what lies around the corner.....is scary!

Paul Marcellini
02-18-2009, 03:18 PM
I agree with Roman. I love the soft layers of green.

David Thomasson
02-18-2009, 06:07 PM
A very tranquil scene. Nice capture.

In addition to shoveling up the dooties in the road, I would set the white and black points. I used 209.209.209 and 10.10.10 respectively.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4958/evening2kw8.jpg

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-18-2009, 07:14 PM
What a big difference PS can do to an image.
I liked Sabyasachi version but David's version is even better.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
02-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Sabyasachi I like the trail of dung as it goes around the corner and it's maker might be lurking. I agree on the crop

Sabyasachi Patra
02-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Dear All,

Thanks for your comments. It is highly appreciated. I am surprised that these days I am clicking landscapes, although through the barrel of my 400mm coupled with 2x TC. In the early nineties I was photographing landscapes. It seems the landscape bug is bitting me again.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Robert Amoruso
02-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Sabyasachi,

I think patching out the dung is a better move. The is your leading line and the dung, though small, still causes the eye to stop and rest. That is OK if it is your center of interest, in this case it is not. This image, without a strong center of interest needs to use the road to guide the viewer done the path. Without the dung, it succeeds on that level well.

Hope to see some more landscapes here.

Jasper Doest
02-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Lovely scene...but this photograph misses an anchor point....