PDA

View Full Version : Vervet Monkeys

David Steele
01-24-2008, 02:23 PM
I photographed these two vervet monkeys, probably mother and child, in the Kruger National Park in South Africa. (Please don't ask for more tail - their tails are VERY long!)

Camera: Canon 1Ds Mk II.
Lens: Canon EF 70-200 mm at 98 mm.
1/125 sec, f3.2, ISO 200.

Cindy Cone
01-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes, they do have very long tails! I really like the pose and expression here, but would like the monkeys less centered in the frame. Perhaps a vertical crop might work. Also the sky/white spots are a bit distracting.

Alfred Forns
01-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Another vote for the vertical As presented might crop more of the tail so it appears deliberately cut and make them larger in frame Love the expressions !!!

John Cooper
01-24-2008, 11:45 PM
The 2 monkeys are nicely framed by the tree trunks and they really enhance this image, so I go for the horizontal format as is. Sky peeping through the BG foliage is always a problem but not a great deal you can do about that. Very appealing!!

Vincent Grafhorst
01-25-2008, 05:57 AM
David, I love the expressions you have captured here and the framing works well with the tree trunks on either side. I am sorry, but all I would ask for is the rest of the clipped tail...

D. Robert Franz
01-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Nice capture here.. I think I might have exploered a vertical comp on this imagle.. The hotspots in the BG are a bit distracting but the stong circular shapes of the monkeys faces are strong enough to overcome the distractions.. Well done.