PDA

View Full Version : Immature Snowy coming in for landing.

Bob Blanchard
02-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Another from this weekend out at Little Estero. My light angle is just a bit off here, and I'd like a bit more seperation on the feet, but the head angle is great, and exposure was dead on. Good seperation between the head and wings too. Shadow on the wing doesn't bother me much. I like it overall. Was actually working another bird when I saw him coming in, so tracked him with the 600 and got this. the water was dead still that day, and made for some awesome backgrounds.

Canon 1DsMII, 600mm f/4L in IS mode 2, f/6.3, ISO 200, 1/2500, 0 EV, AV Mode, tripod.
http://catcheroflight.smugmug.com/photos/475105133_TcGWj-X3.jpg

Ilija Dukovski
02-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Great shot. It is interesting that the reflection of the feet
adds a sense of surface ("ground") which makes it just right. Otherwise
the lack of horizon would make it unnaturally "hang in the air".
This way is just great.

Cheers,

Ramon M. Casares
02-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Stunnnig! TERRIFIC pose, lovely light and exposure, great ambient and crazy great detail!!! Love it! Big congratualitons!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Beautifully captured Bob with wonderful action and excellent exposure and flight pose. Congratulations. Well done.

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Guys, I dream of taking pictures like this one!

These birds are very very common down here but I guess they are not as trusting as yours, I think even with an 800mm and a 1.4x teleconverter I don't get not enough magnification since as soon as they see me they fly by.

Really nice feet and those droplets makes this one for me. Congrats buddy.

John Blumenkamp
02-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Amazing light and detail Bob... I think you've captured the ideal moment with the snowy just above the water.