PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise at Fort DeSoto

Grady Weed
02-16-2009, 03:05 AM
Canon 5D with 28-135 @ 135, AV 22, ISO 100, F/22, Evaluative, 1/13, +1/3, Gitzo Tripod with cable release on Wimberley 2 Head. Fort DeSoto from south beach. It was a good day. Sorry Roman, the filter was on the lens but....the sun was still hot. I like the shot, just wish the sun and reflection was not so white.

Roman Kurywczak
02-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Hey Grady,
I'll take the heat on this one.....this may have been one of those times to not have the filter on! Many times when the sun is up I don't use the grad ND as it causes the sky to look too dark as compared to the FG and sometimes causes flares. The sun is that bright white (unless you have a ton of haze/pollution in the air) and there is really no effective way to handle it........so IMO you did pretty well there. I may go with a crop off the bottom....just below the darker areas in the water......this emphasizes the bridge a bit more. Looks like you are having fun in Florida!

Rene Quenneville
02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Beautiful picture. You could remove half of the foreground and use a grad filter from the bottom-up, the bridge will stand out more. Is the red channel clipped? it is hard to tell on my monitor but there is a big halo over the clouds.

Grady Weed
02-16-2009, 04:10 PM
The halo is a small lens flare. But I still like it. Thanks for the comments.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
02-16-2009, 07:00 PM
You are a lucky dog Grady being where it is warm, thanks for a great shot to give me spring fever.

Paul Marcellini
02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
I also vote for the crop just below the main blown area of sun. It emphasize the patterns/blue tinge in the water.