PDA

View Full Version : Sedona 2

Ed Cordes
02-15-2009, 11:04 PM
I made this image last December. It is the first image I have totally processed via Light Room. I usually use CS3 (now CS4). However, I decided there was good reason to learn LR so i could do some processing when I travel so some work is completed before I get home.

How does it look?

40D with 24-105 @ 58 with polarizer. Evaluative metering at ISO 400 with f 13 and 1/200 hand held. This is full frame and just some basic LR adjustments made. I am particularly interested in suggestions RE sharpness.
All suggestions are most welcome.

Roman Kurywczak
02-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey Ed,
Looks pretty good on my end........although the sharpness is tough to really tell because of the way the mountain is pushed back in the distance......to me.....it appears you can give it a bit more on the peak. My other recommendation is to take about 1/2 of the bottom off........and darken it.........may be my personal taste but the detail you have in there is a bit much and a darker silhouette would frame the distant peak a little stronger for me......but we'll see what others chime in. I think you handled the exposure and comp very nicely here.........so just a few tweaks to the PP and crop would make this just right!

Rene Quenneville
02-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Beautiful colors. I agree with Roman on crop and darkening the bottom. You could use a stronger s-curve. The foreground elements seem a little OOF, did you focus using hyperfocal distance technique?

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
02-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Very nice Ed love the sweet light on the mountain

Ed Cordes
02-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the advice. I am re posting with the FG trees darker and saving to jpeg from LR using better options. Any other input greatly appreciated.

Roman Kurywczak
02-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey Ed,
I'd still go with the crop...but looks tack sharp now and you brought out even more tonal range of the sky. Sweet!

Ed Cordes
02-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Roman, I did forget about cropping. I was concentrating on learning the"tools" in LR and how to save to the right size for posting on BPN! Oh well. On Wednesday Gail and I leave for FL to take the workshop from Fabs and Alfred. I will learn a lot from them, but I wanted to have some basic knowledge about LR as I use the full CS 99% of the time.

Roman Kurywczak
02-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey Ed,
have a great time in florida with the Forn's. You're going to have a great time and yes.....you will learn so much from them! Enjoy!!!

Robert Amoruso
02-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Nice rework Ed and I like how the mountain is framed with the trees. Agree on the crop suggestions.