PDA

View Full Version : Where'd Everyone Go??

Nonda Surratt
02-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Squirrel week is over and I'd like to thank everyone! Great couple weeks and loads of wonderful images to enjoy I hope you had fun acquiring the images as well. Squirts do make for fun titles:)

The last guy at the party; taken a week or so ago when we had some very cool hoer/hore (I think that is what its called) frost, thick as snow. Not one of the locals here and he's not quite sure what to make of the human with huge hunk of stuff hanging off face.

M111, 300f2.8+2xtc@f6.3, ISO 400, 1/250, +1/3

Alfred Forns
02-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Do want to thank you for being the inspiration !!! We owe Squirrel week to you !! Can't imagine a better closing image, what an expression :)

........... btw is not early to start planing for next years !!!

denise ippolito
02-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Nonda, excellent composition with lovely BG colors-well done!

Sue Thomson
02-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Very nice! I don't have any squirrels around where I live. I had them in IL, though, and got a few neat pics then.

And, that would be hoar frost.

Cheers,
Sue

Kerry Perkins
02-16-2009, 01:05 AM
Perfect closing shot to a fun motif, thanks for being the inspiration! It's been a lot of fun and the images were great.

Chris Hansen
02-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Nonda,

What a beautiful closing shot. The composition,colors,textures and background all come together for a wonderful shot.

God's light and love your way,

chris

Lance Peters
02-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Well done Nonda :)

KurtPreston
02-16-2009, 12:00 PM
hoer/hore (I think that is what its called) frost

Hoar frost :) Love the comp and the light!

Gus Cobos
02-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Another fine image and composition Nonda...:) from now on you are the expert on squirrels...:eek::D:cool:
I have enjoyed your images very much...you have the market cornered on these little guys...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
02-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Great image to close squirrel week Nonda. The expression says it all.
big Congrats,

Nonda Surratt
02-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks folks..almost added hoar as one of the spelling choices, almost:D

Shameless plug here. Anyone who is interested in learning more about squirrels the book North American Tree Squirrels by Dr's Steele and Koprowski is quite the good read and can be very entertaining. High point, it isn't loaded up with gobs of techie stuff (like sq being right or left pawed, spacial use etc.) Cost is 14-17 US

To leave you all with one interesting tidbit, tree sqs are one of the few mammals besides humans that see in color.

Kurt Dear if you are going to be here and comment post an image

KurtPreston
02-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Kurt Dear if you are going to be here and comment post an image

Check out Avian: Image Critiques ... since we are only allowed one image post a day I've been waiting most of the day to submit another. Unless by 'here' you meant Eager To Learn ... in which case, it'll be infrequent. I'm totally comfortable throwing my stuff out into the other areas because of all the tough love you gave me on Smug over the years :)

Jackie Schuknecht
02-16-2009, 05:25 PM
A good closer Nonda, and squirrel week(s) were loads of fun!

Harold Davis
02-16-2009, 05:51 PM
awesome closer and maybe my favorite. the title takes it over the top!! thanks for all the squirrel pics. sorry i didnt post any. found my one and only squirrel pic yesterday on an old harddrive!!

Nonda Surratt
02-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks Jackie,

Mr H you have whole year now so I expect participation:p