PDA

View Full Version : Everglades hotels?

Nancy A Elwood
02-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Hubby and I are taking a few days in April to wander the everglades for some landscape image opportunities and were wondering where people stay. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks:).

Harold Davis
02-15-2009, 07:06 PM
nancy, there's a new holiday inn express in florida city that is affordable and clean. i've stayed there with no problems.

Fabs Forns
02-15-2009, 08:55 PM
You can mention in the HI that you are going to the Glades and you'll qualify for the reduced rate of $119 a night :)

Nancy A Elwood
02-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks Harold and Fabs!

Judd Patterson
02-16-2009, 01:19 PM
I know at least one photographer who recently stayed at the Super 8 in Florida City as well. Of course, the ultimate Everglades experience requires camping!! :) But I realize that may not be for everyone. Both Long Pine Key and Flamingo campground are filling up on weekends right now, so be sure to arrive early (or reserve in the case of Flamingo). Enjoy your visit!

Nancy A Elwood
02-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks Judd! While camping might work for me, I do not think I could talk my husband into it. He is great for carrying the tripod, the big lens and helping me with the filters, so I cannot complain. He also makes my mats and hand makes the wood frames for my shows. But, I will keep the Super 8 in mind also.